sâmbătă, 25 februarie 2012

[Article] Kim Hyun Joong UNTIE THE KNOT

credit By LazerKim 
 Uploaded by



By LazerKim:   It’s been one year and a half ago that Kim Hyun Joong untie the knot with SS501, when his contract with DSP ended in June 2010 with his previous agent DSP.  As I browsed the events transpired with the group SS501, can’t help to brush off the reason on why the group had to be disbanded other than the fact that their contract expired. Watching them go had left a lot of fans feeling bewildered by the group’s decision. I know it’s in the past and it would be better to leave it that way and move on. But I still want to look back where they left and see what’s the real score behind the split up.



After SS501 untie the knot, we don’t see photos like this anymore, well except from the website, but nothing was new anymore. I wasn’t around yet when they split ways, I can only read between the lines as I watched their last fan meeting, last press conference and their last concert. But I want to play the devil’s advocate here, there are still questions lingering in my mind that you might be able to answer.
First question, If it’s only Kim Hyun Joong leader, would not want to renew his contract with DSP, which is reasonable, is it not possible to pick someone else to take his place? That time June 2010, I believe SS501 was in its hottest year. In fact, in 2009 the group’s popularity rating rose up remarkably. Because if I were the CEO of DSP, I would get hold of the group no matter what. I would gladly give the member’s demand if it would bring the company excellent revenue results.


Second question, why was Hyun Joong being put to blame when he decided to back off from his contract renewal? Or was he blamed for leaving the group and decided to go as solo performer? As I read many comments and views from a lot of fans, it seemed as if he was being sited in contempt for deciding for his future!!
Third question, why did the rest of the members decided to quit when they know fully well, it was only Hyun Joong who had an assured fall back?? They knew back then they have nowhere to go.


I’m still wondering, if the four members were prepared to be on their own back then? Wouldn’t SS501 be the same without the leader Hyun Joong with the group?  For Hyun Joong, he specifically stated that he wanted to perform solo even way back when he was doing BOF, and had prepared for his future.
Last question, are they happy to be where they are now?  Did they feel remorse or regretted their decision to pursue their individual career? How about Lee Ho Yeon DSP’s CEO, have he fully recovered from his illness, and back to his senses to let go of his precious gem, the SS501?


Kim Hyun Joong revealed that five months prior to the contract termination, he stated that “if the agent doesn’t force me out, I won’t either”. The way I understand his statement as translated that, there were five month remaining for DSP to at least lay down their cards for the group’s career future which is the responsibility of any agent. But there was no hint whatsoever or concrete plans for the future of SS501. And that made the members felt uncertain. I don’t think they were being selfish to leave DSP, this isn’t a matter of who groomed who or who owes who.
I’m not familiar with Korean way of dealing with business, but I think cases between agent and artists, there should be at least six months prior to the artist’s contract termination, a concrete plan for the group and clear intention of retaining or renewal of contract. I think DSP failed to see that SS501 were no longer kids to just agree to anything they say any time!!


I’m still proud of the group for being considerate to wait for Lee Ho Yeon to recover from his illness before parting ways. SS501 members and leader will never forget where they started, but sad to say in every beginning there’s always an ending.
I’m wondering now, are the members happy to be where they currently are? Hyun Joong was asked if he ever regretted his decision to go solo, and he clearly stated, “not at all”. Of course he’s pertaining to his career. But as I watched his video back then with SS501, he was so playful and very jolly. But now as I watch him, I don’t see his playfulness anymore. I don’t see those glow in his eyes the way he had with SS501, and he was more of “in a relax mode” whenever he was with his members.
I watched Hyun Joong’s current rehearsals, his drastic maturing work attitude is very obvious. Hyun Joong is into his projects 100% focus. As he stated, there’s a much degree of demand from him both mentally and physically to be performing solo. I do miss the fun though!! But so be it, he’ll soon get use to his routine.


 I’m not familiar with the other member’s current activities except for a few, but I noticed some awkward changes in them. The look in their eyes was never been there before, when they were still with SS501. And every time I watch their last show at the fan meeting, I still have teary eyes. Even I wasn’t around those times when they split up, I can feel their pain. Specially during their last concert when Hyun Joong cried, I cry with him. I didn’t know what was going on, but I can feel his sadness for no reason!!   Written by LazerKim


Hyun Joong had grown to real man now, he worked hard to have his own name to be known to everybody and had proven himself to be recognized. And I think his members are doing just the same as him. It’s just that Hyun Joong had already tasted his success way back in 2009 with Boys Over Flower. Hyun Joong just have to stand on his own to solidify that success and to righteously claim it his own.
I’ll leave this song for everyone, it was meant for the SS501 fans, the last song they sang as they walked out to face their individual future. We do miss them, but let’s not forget that in every beginning, there’s always an ending…                        Lazerkim here writing


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu